An excellent and rare opportunity has arisen for a prominent intergenerational institutional single-family office running an endowment style investment program based in Dubai.
The investment program has an institutional style and has a long-term time horizon focusing on a multi asset portfolio with extensive allocation to the private markets. The Family Office invests in private markets mainly as a limited partner in private equity funds, venture capital funds, private credit funds and real estate funds. They also invest in hedge funds and public markets using a combination of funds, discretionary mandates, and managed accounts.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Investment Funds Lawyer to join a growing and team of professional staff from a diverse background (both culturally as well as experience).
As with most Family Office positions, this is a very specialised role that requires someone who is capable and adaptable to working in-house.
- Take the primary led in reviewing all the legal documents for the fund investments including LPAs, prospectus, mem & arts, sub docs and other constitutional agreements provided by the Fund Managers;
- Providing accurate, relevant and timely advice on variety of legal topics that relate to the investment funds including private equity, venture capital, hedge funds to the COO and other senior managers;
- Conduct legal and tax due diligence prior to investing and negotiate with the fund managers for an appropriate side letter terms (we have extensive side letter terms);
- Present the legal and tax memo to the investment committee and make the committee aware of any outside the threshold risk matters including disclosure of information;
- Review transactions for co-investment deals, transactions for direct deals and secondary transactions;
- Responsible for review of all adhoc agreements for the family office including separate managed account investment management agreements, banking agreements, service provider agreements, NDAs and other general contracts;
To find out more and to have a confidential discussion, please send a copy of your CV to Chris Costi: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.