An award-winning organization providing advisory and accountancy services to UHNW Families across America is looking for a Financial Controller to join their large Family Office division.
The Controller will be an integral part of the Family Office group, managing small teams of accountants while providing diversified administrative and day-to-day financial support for multiple clients.
- An extensive and diverse accounting background, including payroll and partnership accounting
- An understanding of professional services and client service
- Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable and professional demeanour
- Outstanding organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to handle and respond to multiple client and department demands in a timely manner
- The ability to prioritize assignments and effectively manage their time
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- The ability to be a team player but be able to work independently
- Proven experience managing multiple team members, across multiple teams
- Proven ability to train, motivate and mentor staff.
Responsible for providing multiple clients with day-to-day accounting and administrative services, including but not limited to:
- Coordination of all accounting functions for high-net worth individuals/family clients and their investment entities
- Managing, motivating, and leading multiple staff across multiple teams on a daily basis
- Managing the operational, financial, and reporting aspects of each engagement
- Coordinating clients’ accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger entries and maintenance
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of financial statements, account reconciliations, general ledger analysis, and annual audits, where applicable
- Overseeing payroll for clients’ employees as needed
- Developing, enforcing, and evaluating firm accounting policies and procedures in conjunction with clients’ needs. Recommend process improvements.
- Managing client relationships on a day-to-day basis
- Responsible for managing any ad-hoc projects as needed
- Contributing to weekly management meetings to help drive the goals and objectives of the Firm and Practice.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- CPA license preferred
- 8 plus years accounting experience including 3 plus years as a Controller
- 4 plus years of professional services experience
- 5 plus years managing, leading, training, and motivating multiple staff
- Strong background with fund, management company, and partnership accounting
- Experience with fair value calculations among funds and between classes with different preference rights
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and QuickBooks
- Strong project management and client service skills
- Experience working with high-net-worth individuals
- Tax experience/exposure preferred
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of GAAP and financial statements
- Ultra-high attention to detail, problem solver & intellectually curious
- Adhere to the highest level of confidentiality
Applicants must be able to pass a background check and must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the duties and demands of the role.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please send your latest CV to Kay Shah via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Due to the high level of interest in this role, it will not be possible to respond to all applications.)