An excellent opportunity has arisen for an international professional firm that provides advice to high net worth individuals and families.
The purpose of this role is to assist and support the Management team with the administration of Trust & Company structures.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Undertaking completion of UK Tax Returns. To include:-
- Offshore Trust Income tax returns
- Forms 50(FS) summary of gains and capital payments in an offshore trust.
- Forms R185 or similar providing details of income to life tenants.
- IHT100 in respect of Principal and Proportionate IHT charges for trusts.
- Completing the Trust Registrations.
- Completing associated tax paperwork and covering letters/memos to ensure all relevant information included and technically correct.
- Drafting emails and letters to clients providing tax information.
- Reviewing draft CGT figures prepared by junior staff and then completing the tax pool matching and memos of the technical position.
- Providing general lower level Trust advice to internal and external clients, either in the form of emails or verbal discussions.
- Drafting Annual Tax risk reviews for Trust structures for Associate Director to finalise.
- Assisting more junior members of the team with advice in respect of training courses and training towards professional qualifications.
- Understanding technical tax areas and training Juniors and other members of staff where required.
- Responding to ad-hoc tax queries from fellow colleagues.
- Ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Considering IT improvements and implementing.
Skills, knowledge & Attributes
- To be professionally qualified in ICSA/ACCA/ICAEW or equivalent
- To have 5 years+ experience working in UK Trust Tax
- To have advanced accounting and/or administration skills
- To have some Legal knowledge
- To have substantial corporate and trust tax knowledge
- To have an attitude that inspires respect and to be capable of taking the lead
- A high level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality is essential due to the nature of the work
- Strong analytical skills are essential, with accurate and timely completion of work
- To identify issues, think of solutions identified and propose them to management
- Ability to be proactive with very close attention to detail to ensure work is of a consistently high standard
- Exceptional, administrative, analytical and organisational skills are essential, with accurate and timely completion of work
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and applications, particularly Word, Excel and Access
- To be able to use all standard business software
- To have mastered specific accounting software
If you are based in Europe, and would like to move to Jersey, a housing licensing can be provided for this particular role for the right person.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please send your latest CV to William Hurlock at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris Costi at email@example.com. Thank you.