A soon to be established Single Family Office is looking for a Senior Investment Manager to take responsibility for the direction and oversight of the ‘top down’ strategic objectives of the liquid investment portfolio.
The liquid Investment Strategy covers a diverse range of asset classes which includes individual equities and bonds, ETFs, and other niche / emerging themes.
Successful applicants must be highly skilled investment professionals with private wealth management experience, preferably within the Family Office space. You will have a fundamental understanding of portfolio construction, portfolio management, and investment products. You will also have a well informed and well researched conviction on financial markets and asset classes from a macro perspective.
It is expected that you will have exceptional analytical and modelling skills and given the autonomous nature of a Family Office, you will also be ‘hands-on’ as there will not be a team of analysts to support you.
You must have an expertise and passion for researching new investment opportunities with the ability to present on investment ideas and it’s the merits and demerits and lead the investment strategy.
- Experience in constructing and managing multi-asset investment portfolios, ideally within a Family Office – and ideally committee level experience
- Experience in building and executing on a rigorous investment process, and able to evaluate and offer improvements to the existing investment process
- You will have outstanding analytical, IT, and communication skills
- Experience in critiquing strategies, portfolios, and products, and presenting on strategic and tactical changes
- Experience and understanding of family office operations, and able to work in a small team but dynamic environment
- Experience in dealing and execution would be preferable
- You will need to be CFA qualified
Primary responsibilities of the role will include:
- Financial modelling and projection of performance, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flows
- Monitoring the performance and general management of the assets, including operational and strategic reviews
- Analysing the existing portfolio, highlighting recommended investments, divestments, capital expenditure and diversification opportunities
- Identifying and presenting on new opportunities for investment, strategically and / or tactically
- Overseeing, managing, and challenging appointed asset managers, and summarising their activity and performance on a regular basis to the CEO / Principal
- Undertake regular competitive analysis to benchmark existing portfolios and asset managers against their peers and / alternatives
- Take ownership of all aspects of portfolio reporting, and consolidated reporting
- Devises and implements an asset allocation strategy in accordance with the risk profile and return objectives of the Principal, and as directed by the CEO
- Interest and knowledge of the tech sector would be advantageous
- Due Diligence on existing and newly proposed investment strategies
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven, intellectually curious Investment Professional, to work for a sophisticated Principal who has successfully generated and managed wealth, and is actively involved in both deploying capital, and allocating assets.
Salary: Expected to be in the range of £80,000 to £100,000 depending on experience but may have some flexibility.