A Single Family Office is looking for a Senior Accountant to join its team. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting, statutory and management reporting and tax compliance of the Family Office. Those activities are currently outsourced to different accounting firms and will be brought in house.
The Family Office has offices in UK, Portugal and Brazil and is therefore a multi-jurisdiction, multi entity (circa 20+ entities), multi-currency environment. The ideal candidate will have a background working in accounting for a Corporate and Fiduciary Services firm, Family Office or Wealth Management Firm.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and reviewing Statutory Accounts for Trusts, Foundations, UK Companies and Overseas Companies (approximately 20 companies)
- Bookkeeping and preparation of VAT return for UK Companies
- Calculating and processing all general ledger journals including but not limited to prepayments, accruals, FX revaluations and interest payments through to the monthly trial balance
- Planning the accounting treatment of some complex transactions
- Organizing Family distributions/reimbursements
- Liaising with offshore administrators and ensure correct procedures followed
- Providing ad-hoc assistance with queries and projects as required
- Qualified Accountant with at least 5 years’ experience
- Have a good knowledge of tax regimes (personal and corporation tax)
- Comfortable with loans, interest calculations and Foreign Exchange accounting
- Good IT skills particularly in Excel
- Experience using Xero, Sage or equivalent accounting systems
- Portuguese and English speakers only
Salary: Dependent on Location and Experience.
This is a remote working role and can be based in London or internationally.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com