We are looking for an individual to join the Portfolio Management team of a private investment office, investing their own assets and those of strategic partners with a long term and high conviction approach.
This is a Portfolio Management rather than an investment focused role, requiring both client contact and the operational management of their portfolios.
This will include asset allocation, day to day management of portfolios, updating spreadsheets/systems and investigating and resolving data issues where appropriate; implementing investment and ensuring efficient trade execution across portfolios, managing trade orders from entry to completion; monitoring cash inflows and outflows, to ensure efficient execution of investment mandate and client instructions; managing the rebalancing of portfolios in a timely and effective manner, etc.
It is a varied role which requires the individual to be a problem solver with a flexible approach to working. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small close-knit team building a dynamic new growing business.
The below is a broad description of responsibilities, but these may vary and increase depending on the successful candidate’s knowledge and experience.
Job description and responsibilities
- Assist with the day to day management of clients and their portfolios
- Place trades within our internal systems, instructing them via STP and manually via email. Following up with custodians and fund administrators to ensure trades are placed in a timely manner
- Ongoing cash management, checking overdrafts, preparing FX instructions and ensuring capital call instructions are paid on time
- Assist with the creation and monitoring of benchmarks within systems and within client reporting
- Liaising with Middle Office regarding portfolio onboarding/changes which need to be reflected within internal systems
- Assist with the maintenance of client information within internal systems
- Create portfolio attribution and contribution reports on an ad-hoc basis
- Checking client reports which have been produced by the Middle Office team are accurate and investigating any irregularities
- Checking performance and NAV calculations are accurate, investigating and correcting any discrepancies which are found
Skills and experience
- The applicant must have excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative
- Highly organised and responsible to take on a task and run with it from beginning to end
- Prior knowledge and relevant work experience in a similar role
- Flexible worker, being able to work autonomously and within a team is a must
- Close attention to detail
Salary: Expected to be in the range of £45,000 to £60,000, depending very much on experience.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please send your latest CV to Jeremy Green at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role, it will not be possible to respond to all enquiries.