Whether you have plans to relocate to Malta or you are already based there – this can be an excellent opportunity to take the next step within your career.
An international Trust and Corporate Services provider are growing in Malta and are looking to hire for an MLRO position. The purpose of the position is to provide support to the Compliance Officer and Directors of the business.
The MLRO would be expected to ensure compliance with all relevant AML/CFT legislation, policies and guidance notes applicable to the company in place for the prevention and detection of money laundering and the financing of terrorism as well as Sanctions Monitoring Fraud, Bribery and Corruption covering all areas of Financial Crime.
The role will require regular interaction with staff at all levels across the company, regulators, clients, board, and third-party service providers and advisors.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- As the nominated Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”), be the principal point of contact for liaising with the Malta Financial Services Authority (“MFSA”) and Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit (“FIAU”) and other relevant bodies and third parties in connection with AML Matters;
- Develop an effective AML compliance culture with appropriate policies and procedures that reflect current AML Legislation and Regulatory Framework and remain up-to-date and fully aware of the company’s obligations under the AML Legislation and take reasonable measures to ensure compliance;
- Take overall responsibility for the company’s Policies & Procedures AML Manual;
- Remain up to date, interpret and disseminate information about regulatory and AML Legislation changes and ensure policies, procedures, documents and compliance tools are adapted to accommodate any such changes;
- Be responsible for the implementation of an effective Customer Due Diligence Policy and Customer Acceptance Policy;
- Be responsible for maintaining an up to date Customer Risk Assessment process taking into account the risks identified for the business;
- Be responsible for a transaction monitoring programme within the AML/CFT/Financial Crime Framework and undertake implementation, including the making of recommendations for improvements and the monitoring of their implementation.
The Successful Candidate:
- Ideally minimum of 5 years’ experience in MLRO
- Experience of working in EU Financial Services Industry in Malta, UK, Ireland or Luxembourg
- Qualifications – AML Certifications, Lawyer, Accountant.
- Worked in trust industry is an asset
- Part-time working can be considered for the right person.
Remuneration: €40,000 – €70,000 basic salary (depending on experience) plus benefits.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please contact either Chris Costi or Salma Badul on 02070431408 or send your latest CV to email@example.com