Our client is a dynamic and highly service orientated Multi Family Investment Office. They offer investment and portfolio management services to a small number of ultra-high net worth clients and with expansion, are seeking like-minded people to join them.
The role is based within Operations as a key member reporting to the Chief Executive Officer / Chief Operating Officer.
Acting as In-house Counsel, the role involves working closely with the business to provide legal support across all areas of the business, doing compliance as well as fund legal and subscription documentation for the firm’s alternative investment funds and private equity investments. The role requires legal training with some experience in a wealth management/ family office context.
The role will be an involved closely with the areas of wealth management, operations, compliance, private equity and fund administration. There will also be opportunities to be involved in corporate governance matters.
A successful candidate will be the contact for all UK legal issues with the responsibilities listed below:
The role will involve provide legal support and advice with respect to the following:
- Provide general legal assistance and advice on a variety of legal and regulatory issues relevant to the business
- Negotiate and review of various agreements for the wealth management business, i.e. confidentiality agreements, custody agreements, side letters, investment management agreements, advisory agreements, HR contracts
- Structure, launch, and maintain of alternative investment funds (AIF / UCITS) including:
- determine the most appropriate product structure/ domicile upon launch;
- review and negotiate, as applicable, related legal documentation at launch and throughout the life of the fund (board resolutions, board minutes, constitutional documents, audited financials, etc);
- provide regulatory and compliance filings with respect to the fund(s) as required, (i.e. registration of funds with the AMF, passporting of funds into EU jurisdictions, etc);
- review and complete of any fund subscription documentation for underlying investments including any related AML/KYC paperwork
- Structure, launch, and maintain private equity co-investment access vehicle including:
- review and complete of private equity co-investment legal documentation for underlying transactions including any related AML/KYC paperwork
- modify any investor subscription forms as required for each investment
- Perform day-to-day compliance activities including:
- Review and maintain the Firm’s compliance policies ensuring adherence to prevailing FCA rules
- Implement any related compliance processes and procedures Firm-wide
- Submit periodic FCA regulatory filings, maintain compliance registers and generate compliance related periodic reports and reviews
- Complete compliance related client due diligence questionnaires.
- Relevant experience of the above, supported by excellent legal academic qualifications in English Law.
- Self-starter with good quality company/commercial experience who is interested in developing his/her expertise in asset management and investment services.
- The role requires excellent commercial awareness and good judgement. Preference will be given to a candidate with experience at a fund management firm and/or at a major international law firm.
Salary: Depending on experience but expected to be in the range of £75k – 100k plus benefits and discretionary bonuses.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please send your latest CV to Jeremy Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Due to the high level of interest in this role, it will not be possible to respond to all applications.)