Our client is an established Wealth Boutique, now diversified to offer a broad range of financial services, including custody, brokerage and asset management, serving private clients, financial advisers, and institutional investors.
They provide discretionary UK Tier 1 Investor Visa portfolios as well as running discretionary global absolute return models. They offer clients safe custody of their securities and cash, combined with excellent execution capabilities – particularly in fixed income.
This Wealth Boutique is now seeking to recruit a Junior Credit Analyst to work within the investment management team to review current names, identify new names and perform deep dive on individual companies for review and selection into client portfolios.
Successful applicants will already have experience of fundamental analysis of Fixed Income Bonds and exposure to Emerging Market and High Yield corporate issuers would be advantageous.
Responsibilities/Key duties include:
- Assessing the creditworthiness of existing and prospective credit investments
- Examining financial information and credit history for borrowers by creating financial models and critically examining third party research
- Fundamental analysis of Emerging Market and High Yield corporate issuers as well as sector research.
- Perform financial and credit analysis of names within coverage sectors as well as relative value analysis.
- Able to develop and defend credit investment recommendations based on fundamental and relative value analysis
- Assist with investment performance reporting process across portfolio and ensure timely production of quarterly and ad-hoc written reports
- Preparing financial forecasts, comparable company analyses and valuation models
- Developing relative value opinions on credits and individual debt securities
- Write and defend credit investment recommendations
- Monitor market developments and quarterly financial performance of names to determine credit pricing impact
- Extensive usage of Excel, Bloomberg and other applications
- Complete ratio, trend and cash flows analyses and create stress tests and valuation scenarios
- Delivering a multidimensional perspective on the investment outlook in an accessible and informative manner
- Determine the risk assessment of individual companies and documenting those in written statement based on guidelines provided
- Proactively screen markets and engage with other market participants to find suitable investment ideas
- Preparing ad hoc work on for other team members including marketing and sales including some client contact and presentations
- Assisting in the construction of and monitoring portfolios based on portfolio manager’s oversight.
- Setting up meetings, conference calls or events with other market participants, sell side analysts and company management team to better understand individual names
Skills and Experience:
- Fluent English – verbal and written – and additional languages would be advantageous.
- University degree, preferably in business or related field
- Demonstrable in-depth experience and understanding within professional investment environment, preferably in global equities
- Ability to analyse business models with a long-term mindset
- Past roles demonstrate an experience of working in a small team environment with an emphasis on frequent and informal communication and personal responsibility and quality
- Strong communication skills (oral, aural and written) with both internal and external parties
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions, with experience through different investment cycles preferred (UK and/or internationally)
Remuneration will be commensurate with the duties and demands of the role.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please send your latest CV to Jeremy Green at email@example.com.
(Due to the high level of interest in this role, it will not be possible to respond to all applications.)