A soon to be established Single Family Office is looking for an Investment Analyst to take responsibility for the direction and oversight of a ‘bottom up’ portfolio, invested with a long-term view in listed companies, high yield bonds, and other liquid assets.
As an analyst you will have all the requisite valuation and modelling skills to understand and analyse both private and listed companies using accounts, management accounts, balance-sheets, interim and annual reports, and research notes / platforms.
You will have a strong academic background, be intellectually versatile, and enjoy building a case, and thesis, to support your ideas.
You must be autonomous and self-motivated, willing to be flexible, and willing to do very detailed and extensive analysis, as required.
- Passion for and in depth understanding of the portfolio companies both Public and Private, taking ownership and responsibility for monitoring, evaluations, and making recommendations to the Investment team
- Implementation and oversight of the investment process
- Ongoing operational and investment management due diligence on the existing portfolios, and existing asset managers, liaising with the asset managers on their activities and outlook, and conduct a comparable bottom up analysis of current holdings versus possible alternatives
- Prepared to challenge the Asset Managers and existing portfolio positions
- Br creative with new investment ideas and targets, and able to present succinct arguments for any change or addition to the existing portfolio
- You must be comfortable with the commonly used valuation techniques and methodologies, and have very strong IT, Excel, and modelling skills
- Must be capable of working alone, albeit within a small (and dynamic) team
- Interest and knowledge of the tech sector would be advantageous
- You will need to be CFA qualified
This is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate with a stable long-term career option within a soon to be formed Single Family Office which will be fast growing, entrepreneurial, and return focussed.
Salary: Expected to be in the range of £50,000 to £70,000 depending on experience but may have some flexibility.