The purpose of the position is to take responsibility for the general and transactional administration, corporate governance and secretarial services provided to the fund client entities under administration in Guernsey.
Being based in Guernsey, the Director/Associate Director will play a major role in ensuring that the culture of the Guernsey office reflects the company’s values.
In addition, and in conjunction with the other executive directors, the post holder will contribute to the strategic management and development of the Group.
- Maintain excellent client relationships through regular communication including face to face meetings;
- Maintain a high level of communication and interaction with investors and intermediaries as required;
- Oversee, and be actively involved where necessary, the onboarding of new client entities including collection of correct due diligence;
- Ensure all client requests and ad hoc queries are dealt with efficiently and timeously;
- Take responsibility for ad-hoc projects as requested;
- Ensure secretarial and governance deadlines applying to client entities are met;
- Oversee, and be actively involved where necessary, the preparation and distribution of board packs for client entity board meetings where required;
- Sit on the boards of regulated and non-regulated client entities as required;
- Attendance at client entity board meetings and drafting accurate minutes where necessary;
- Closely monitor client entity WIP, maximise WIP recoverability and identify opportunities for additional revenue; and
- Play a leading role in the oversight, control and development of policies, procedures and checklists relevant to the administration of client entities.
- Organise all staff in the Guernsey Funds team so as to achieve maximum efficiency and output including reporting lines, entity allocation and responsibilities;
- Oversee appraisal process for the all Guernsey Funds staff;
- Undertake appraisals for direct reports;
- Play the leading role in recruiting staff for the Funds team;
- Assist with the recruitment of other Guernsey staff where required; and
- Ensure all Funds staff receive sufficient training in order to undertake their roles.
The Guernsey Office
In conjunction with the other Guernsey executive Directors:
- Liaise with fiduciary, accounting, operations and compliance colleagues to promote and enhance the overall Guernsey team;
- Play a leading role in maintaining a tidy, clean and well organised office environment; and
- Role model professional, enthusiastic and committed behaviour.
- Participate in, and contribute to management meetings/calls;
- Develop and maintain a personal business development programme to include meetings with intermediaries and other business introducers both on Guernsey and elsewhere;
- Act as a director or alternate director and principal person of the Administration company and its subsidiaries;
- Act as an authorised signatory to the company and client entity bank accounts;
- Actively monitor and manage risks in the Guernsey Funds business and assist the other executive directors in managing risk across the wider Guernsey business;
- Along with the other executive directors, survey the macroeconomic environment and assess the impact on the ability of the company to develop in line with the Business Plan;
- Identify opportunities to expand services to existing clients and new business opportunities; and
- Contribute to new business pitches.
If you would like to find out more about the role, feel free to contact Chris Costi for a discrete conversation on 02070431408. Alternatively, you can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.