This is an exciting role for a senior finance professional working for a highly successful businesswoman based in her private family office in an office in central London. This role will support the Principal – by overseeing the accounting and performance of their investments, as well as being actively engaged on particular transactions and private real estate management. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, diligent and extremely adaptable, with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills. This role will suit a professional with experience across investments including real estate, venture capital and private equity.
The role requires the prospective candidate to be able to command a detailed overview of the Principal’s complex financial affairs. The Principal, who speaks six languages, is well-known as an entrepreneur and a successful investor in technology and internet businesses. She is very well connected in the new media world. She achieved her success at a young age and is dynamic, works incredibly hard and expects the same commitment from those around her. It will be imperative that the successful candidate is able to develop a good bond with the Principal and her existing team: you must be an excellent team player.
A degree of flexibility will be required, but the role is likely to include:
- Responsibility for all monthly performance and activity reporting and ensuring day-to-day financial and back office operations are running smoothly;
- Co-ordinating the activities of various professional advisors, including the in-house General Counsel and other lawyers, tax advisors and property managers, and ensuring compliance across the entire portfolio;
- Responsible for the co-ordination and monitoring of capital calls, distributions, payment processing and reporting of all investments;
- Managing cashflow projections and cash management across the entire portfolio of bank relationships;
- Advising on investment matters and deal support, such as providing advice on structuring and as a trusted sounding board for the Principal on these deals;
- Working closely with the Principal and her CFO/CEO on new investment strategies;
- Working closely with the Principal’s dedicated venture team on control processes and the monitoring performance of all portfolio companies;
- Assistance with overall risk management processes and monitoring.
Key skills, competencies and experience:
- Financial services industry experience – asset management and equity capital markets, M&A track record. Comfortable taking board positions if required.
- Financial analysis, accounting and budgeting
- Tax structuring and planning, and external audit co-ordination
- Risk Management and strategic planning
- Planning implementation and execution for results
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, and a strong negotiator
- Knowledge of legal compliance
- Business Plan Analysis
- Integrity, responsibility and accountability
- Critical thinker
- Strong team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Capability to set a strong focus, whilst being adaptable and flexible
- Pragmatic approach whilst being detail-oriented and hands-on
- Highly motivated and driven
The role requires someone with 5-7 years’ experience in Finance and Accounting within a dynamic financial services environment. Ideally suited for an experienced finance professional, who enjoys both the day-to-day activity and variety of an active Family Office and being heavily involved in decision-making and deal flow.
A competitive package is available for the right candidate.
If this is of interest please send your CV to Chloew@agreusgroup.com or email@example.com