A London-based Family Office with varied interests which currently include Art and Film production and Property Development, is looking for a qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Financial Controller.
Due to increasing growth and complexity of the group, they are looking for a well-qualified and experienced Financial Controller to join and support the existing finance team and help manage and guide the financial activities of the business.
The role will provide direct support to the Head of Family Office and thus be broad ranging. An Audit background may be useful as this will be somewhat of a roving role with involvement in many aspects of the Principals’ activities, offering support, asking questions and getting hands-on knowledge and involvement in the multifarious projects with which they are engaged.
Accounting experience is prerequisite and familiarity with Xero, extremely useful. The successful candidate will likely have come from a practice background and understanding of legal and tax implications will be helpful, enabling sense checking of documents and proposals.
This is an extremely busy and fast-paced Family Office. The successful candidate will likely have previous Family Office experience and thus understand the need to be flexible (both in range of duties and hours), autonomous and very “hands on”, rather than relying on a support team to do the donkey work
Responsibilities likely to include:
- Project management support across corporate and personal activities
- Monitoring costs and expenditure across all projects and entities and development of new financial analysis
- Development and maintenance of strong financial systems
- Financial modelling
- Development of annual budgets
- Personal and corporation tax aspects
- Engagement with professional advisers as required
The successful candidate will be a crucial part of a small and focussed team working across a large number of businesses and projects. The following are considered essential attributes:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience of developing and maintaining financial analyses
- Experience of financial modelling
- Proven track record of systems implementation and maintenance
- Excellent spread-sheeting skills
- Extensive management and statutory accounts experience
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of personal integrity and discretion
- Enquiring mind
- Extensive Xero experience
- Self-motivating and solutions driven
- Flexible, professional, and personable
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to successfully communicate with people at all levels within and outside of the organisation
This will be a senior role that will report directly to the Head of the Family Office.
Salary: Expected to be in the range of £60,000 to £70,000
If you would like to find out more about the role, please send your latest CV to Jeremy Green at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.