A family investment office with offices overseas and London. They invest capital across the risk spectrum, directly and through funds and partnerships into opportunities which can deliver long term value growth.
The UK group consists of a number of investment and service companies, one of which is regulated by the FCA as an investment adviser and is in the process of increasing its regulatory permissions to include the provision of discretionary investment management services for its clients through newly formed fund structures.
A recent liquidity event has driven significant growth in the Family’s assets under management. This has led to an increase in the Group’s complexity with an increase in private investment vehicles and charities being created in the USA, UK, Australia and the Far East. These hold fund investments, fixed income, quoted investments, LP positions, direct company investments, operating company positions as well as real estate assets.
To deliver on the expanded AUM and investment mandates, the team is growing, with hiring across both the investment and finance functions..
The company is looking for a Fund Accountant excited to join an expanding and entrepreneurial team which is in the early stages of building a business which can deliver outstanding boutique investment management services to its single family client over the coming generations.
The successful candidate will join the finance team based in London and focus on the timely and accurate reporting of the global investment vehicles and funds. They will be responsible for all aspects of reporting for the investments held in funds and with portfolio managers as well as those directly managed or advised on by the family office. This will cover performance and risk management reporting, internal management reporting, governance/board reporting and preparation and completion of audited financial statements where applicable.
In the short term the Fund Accountant will also take on some middle office responsibilities – ensuring that the trade activity of the vehicles and funds are appropriately captured, settled, booked and reconciled.
The Fund Accountant will report directly to the Head of Finance & Reporting and given the focus on performance reporting will also work closely with the Investments Team.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- The preparation of timely and accurately financial and management reports.
- Working closely with a small team to produce performance reporting and exposure analysis.
- Maintaining accurate accounting records and regular reporting cycles.
- Working with the investments team to maintain trading records of the investment vehicles.
- Liaising with banks, administrators, custodians and prime brokers for any cash or trade breaks.
- Handling subscriptions/redemptions, capital calls, distributions or other corporate actions and addressing any matters.
- Maintaining and developing robust financial processes and controls:
- Cash management and cash flow forecasting.
- Assisting with the development of new and existing bank and broker relationships.
- Assisting in the development of reporting requirements and processes and controls relevant to the implementation of a discretionary investment management platform and portfolio management system.
- Ad hoc projects (e.g. reviews of counterpart risks, due diligence reviews, scenario and stress testing, changes due to accounting standards updates, new system implementation)
The candidate is likely to have:
- ACA or ACCA qualified accountant
- Experience in financial and investment reporting, operations and/or settlements function within a single/multi-family office or asset/investment manager:
- Experience in reporting on range of investments from quoted and unquoted investments, funds, PE and real estate.
- Ability to deliver on multi reporting requirements in regular cycles and within deadlines.
- Experience in managing relationships with external service provides such as administrators, outsourced bookkeepers and other specialists.
- Experience of FCA compliance and multi-jurisdictional tax requirements helpful but not essential
- Ability to thrive in a small and entrepreneurial environment where independent working and a willingness to “roll up the sleeves” is key
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
Salary: GBP 55,000 to £65,000 expected range
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Jeremy Green at email@example.com
Due to the high level of interest in this role, it will not be possible to respond to all applications.