Client Services/Operations Manager
We are looking for an individual to join the Portfolio Management (“PM”) team. It is a varied role which requires the individual to be a problem solver with a flexible approach to working. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small close-knit team building a dynamic new growing business.
The successful candidate will be an advanced Excel user, familiar with Pivot Tables, creating Macros and performing ROI calculations. They will have a strong Middle Office background including client onboarding and custody account opening with strong mathematical skills and a problem solving mind set. They will take pride in being the expert in this space and happy to develop their career further in this area.
There are no language requirements although French would be advantageous.
The below is a broad description of responsibilities, but these may vary and increase depending on the successful candidate’s knowledge and experience.
Job description and responsibilities
- Assist with the day to day management of clients and their portfolios
- Place trades within our internal systems, instructing them via STP and manually via email. Following up with custodians and fund administrators to ensure trades are placed in a timely manner
- Ongoing cash management, checking overdrafts, preparing FX instructions and ensuring capital call instructions are paid on time
- Assist with the creation of detailed client presentations for both prospective and existing clients
- Assist with the creation and monitoring of benchmarks within systems and within client reporting
- Liaising with Middle Office regarding portfolio onboarding/changes which need to be reflected within internal systems
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects such as client onboarding, change of custodians, transfer of client assets
- Help with the completion of fund subscription forms where the investment is being made directly in the client’s name
- Assist with the maintenance of client information within internal systems
- Create portfolio attribution and contribution reports on an ad-hoc basis
- Checking client reports which have been produced by the Middle Office team are accurate and investigating any irregularities
- Checking performance and NAV calculations are accurate, investigating and correcting any discrepancies which are found
- Ensuring all data which is produced for clients and within our systems is accurate
- Updating procedures and helping implement processes across the wider firm
Skills and experience
- The applicant must have excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative
- Highly organised and responsible to take on a task and run with it from beginning to end
- Prior knowledge and relevant work experience in a similar role
- Flexible worker, being able to work autonomously and within a team is a must
- High attention to detail
Salary: Expected to be in the range of £60,000 to £70,000 depending on experience.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please send your latest CV to Jeremy Green at email@example.com. Thank you.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role, it will not be possible to respond to all enquiries.