A well-established Independent Wealth Manager is looking for an Assistant Portfolio Manager for their Private Investment Office.
The Private Investment Office specialises in working with complex HNW and UHNW clients, providing an expansive service which effectively manages their investable assets. They build investment strategies that are designed to be resilient and help clients achieve their long-term financial goals. Many clients are international, with finances, business interests, property and family across multiple countries. They provide clear comprehensive financial strategies and global reporting regardless of currency or location.
As part of the Private Investment Office the Assistant Portfolio Manager will provide support to portfolio managers in the asset allocation of client portfolios in line with their risk profiles and investment mandates, as well as providing reporting and dashboards for client meetings.
- Regular reviews to analyse client portfolios to ensure that asset allocation reflects clients’ investment mandates and to provide an audit trail for compliance purposes.
- Inputting trades directly into MOXY/APX and liaising with Trade support and Dealing desk to ensure timely execution, to include investment rational for audit purposes.
- To monitor portfolio performance to ensure that client portfolios are meeting target returns.
- To manage the currency exposure and forward currency transactions where hedging is required.
- To ensure income generating portfolios are appropriately invested to meet their target income levels.
- Input FX and Forward trades into MOXY/APX and spread sheet for custodians.
- To manage cash and foreign exchange balances to ensure sufficient liquidity for regular withdrawals and fees.
- Input/monitor and review of futures transactions to include rollover and management of margin.
- Preparation of summary analysis for client meetings.
- Performance analytics preparation for Trustees
- Due Diligence on portfolio holdings
- Monthly/Quarterly production and distribution of portfolio valuations.
- Production of income and capital gains reports for Tax reporting.
- Bespoke client reporting for larger clients.
- Security setups into APX for new securities
- 2+ years previous experience in wealth/investment management
- IMC holder and working towards CFA or equivalent qualification
- Experience of portfolio management techniques/rebalancing portfolios, performance reporting and contribution/attribution analysis and monitoring portfolio exposures in line with portfolio risk profiles.
- Awareness of principles of effective risk management
- Knowledge of funds, long only and hedge fund strategies
- Understanding of FX management and hedging
- Experience with Bloomberg and trade order management systems
- Commitment to excellence with high levels of data accuracy/a focus on attention to detail
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence
- Personal development – seeks to expand knowledge through interaction colleagues/attendance at seminars/networking events/ongoing membership of professional bodies
Package: Flexible depending on experience but expected to be around £40,000 – £45,000 per annum, plus benefits.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please send your latest CV to Jeremy Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Due to the high level of interest in this role, it will not be possible to respond to all applications.)