An award-winning organization providing advisory and accountancy services to UHNW Families across America is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their large Family Office division.
The Accounting Manager position is one of several key hires for the established Family Office division and will provide diversified administrative and day-to-day financial support to the Family Office Management Team.
- An extensive and diverse accounting and payroll background
- An understanding of professional services and client service
- Experience in managing, training, and mentoring two to three direct reports
- Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable and professional demeanor
- Outstanding organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to handle and respond to multiple client and department demands in a timely manner
- The ability to prioritize assignments and effectively manage their time
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- The ability to be a team player but be able to work independently.
Responsible for providing multiple clients with a variety of accounting and administrative services, including but not limited to:
- Responsibility for the oversight of full accounting processes, i.e. maintaining/reviewing the general ledger, generating and posting all journal entries in a timely manner, coordinating monthly close, maintaining budgets and reporting on budget to actual, and preparing monthly/quarterly financial statements with related workpapers
- Supervising and reviewing the accounts payable function
- Supervising and mentoring Family Office Staff, General Ledger, and Senior Accountants
- Payroll coordination with clients and the Family Office payroll team
- Managing and reviewing numerous bank, brokerage, and credit card reconciliations
- Performing reconciliations and analysis for balance sheet accounts, including inter-company accounts
- Preparing annual K-1 reconciliations
- Assisting in preparation and review of quarterly and annual tax packages and supporting documents
- Responding to client requests and inquiries
- Managing client relationships on a day-to-day basis
- Handling special projects as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- CPA eligible preferred
- 6 to 9 years of progressive accounting/bookkeeping experience
- 3 plus years of professional services experience preferred
- 3 plus years of supervisory experience
- Team management skills including ability to lead, direct and coach staff
- Ability to build & cultivate strong personal relationships with peers within the firm and the business community
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and QuickBooks
- Strong project management and client service skills
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of GAAP and financial statements
- High attention to detail, problem solver & intellectually curious
- Adhere to the highest level of confidentiality
Applicants must be able to pass a background check and must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the duties and demands of the role.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please send your latest CV to Kay Shah via email at email@example.com
(Due to the high level of interest in this role, it will not be possible to respond to all applications.)